Regulations require that Borehole Signs must be displayed on premises where there is a borehole.
Borehole signs at premises where boreholes are.
- Regulations required from you to put a sign at the premises that indicate that there is a borehole on the premises.
- That seems like the right thing to do.
- Yes the municipality will take notice of the sign.
- They put your borehole on their data base.
- You know that all, yes all the water belong to the state!
- When the government can’t provide to you water as it would be in the Cape region.
- The people will switch over to borehole or well point water instead of using municipality water.
- Let’s say the taps run dry.
- The municipality would not get any revenue from the water that you use from your water source.
- The municipality will install water meters on your water source.
- That way the municipality will get revenue.
- The water belongs to the government.
Switching from municipality water to borehole water.
- You switch over to your borehole.
- You installed a water treatment system to ensure that the water is safe for human consumption.
- The system cost a few thousand rands.
- That was installed out of your pocket and not deducted from the government by means of a tax deduction.
Municipality water inspection.
- The municipality notice that you do not use water.
- Your monthly consumption was in the region of R 3 000.00.
- The municipality need that money for cash flow purposes.
- The water department visit your premises to see if you do not steal water.
- They ask a few questions and learn that you use borehole water. That is not a problem at this moment.
- They register the borehole on the premises and all seems in place.
- You go on with your live and use the borehole water.
- As more people switch over to borehole water the municipality runs into a cash flow problem.
- The next option they have is to install water meters on every borehole that is registered.
- That is the only way the municipality can get their cash flow problem solved.
- That is not fair!
- It is, all the water belongs to the government that is the municipality included.
Borehole water meter justification.
- The municipality will just say the following.
- The people that use borehole water are the rich people.
- They have the money to install water treatment systems.
- The poor can’t afford the water treatment systems.
- The problem is that the poor wants everything for free.
- They are not interested in solving anything.
- Their only defense is that it is the rich that must pay.
Borehole water usage advice.
- If you use borehole water use municipality water for just two days a month.
- That way the municipality will notice that you still use the water.
- They will not think you use borehole water.
- Display your borehole sign where it is not fully exposed.